Collegen For Sale in South Africa
Benefits of Collagen
You hear about the importance of collagen everywhere. It is available as an additive in cosmetic products and naturally in some foods, and there are many benefits to it. It is actually good to eat collagen every day. We have discussed the topic here in a previous post.
Do you really know what collagen is and what it does for you?
We’ll tell you all about this below.
What is collagen?
Collagen is a substance that contributes to the formation of bone, cartilage and skin. It is important for both human health and animals as it is something we all have and need. Collagen levels normally decrease over time and as you get older. Sometimes it causes problems in the legs, that you get wrinkles and cracking joints.
7 Benefits of Eating Collagen Every Day
1. It helps the body get the most out of the workout
It is good for the body if you can eat collagen every dayThe first benefit of eating collagen every day is that getting enough collagen helps the body to build muscle .
This means that:
- You do not need to train as hard to increase muscle and burn fat.
- Your body recovers much faster after strenuous workouts.
- You are less likely to suffer injuries as your muscles become stronger and more resistant.
- Of course, you must also eat high quality proteins, such as lean meats and fish. You can’t stop exercising altogether just because you eat collagen.
2. It prevents scarring
You’ve probably noticed that many cosmetic products that promise to reduce scars highlight their high collagen content. This is because collagen helps to heal and create new cells without damaging the skin’s tissues.
If you often suffer from acne or similar problems, it is a good idea to start eating collagen and collagen-rich foods every day. You can also use face masks with collagen to reduce visible scars and stretch marks.
3. It improves the body’s joints
Another reason to eat collagen is that it maintains flexibility and lubrication in the joints. It also keeps the cartilage in good shape.
- When your joints are healthy, they are more elastic and flexible. As a result, you suffer minor injuries.
- If you notice that your joints are always cracking, or that you feel pain or are often affected by fractures, you should regularly eat collagen supplements.
In some situations, doctors recommend injecting new cartilage. Should this be the case for you, supplement the treatment with eating collagen every day.
4. Eating collagen maintains skin elasticity
The structure of the skin is largely due to the fact that it has collagen. As you get older, your skin deteriorates, it wrinkles and other defects. When exposed to certain factors such as tobacco smoke, UV rays, pollutants and chemicals, it is also important to always take the necessary precautions.
5. It makes you feel fuller on less food
If you are trying to lose weight naturally and without risking your health, it may be good to know that collagen powder contains a lot of protein. If you add it to your favorite smoothies or drinks, you will notice that it does not change the taste at all. The other thing you will notice is that it keeps you saturated for longer.
Try the recipe below as a breakfast option:
- 2 tablespoons collagen powder (30 g)
- One tablespoon oatmeal (15 g)
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder (15 g)
- 1 1/4 dl baby spinach (30 g)
- 2 1/2 cup almond milk (250 ml)
- 1 tbsp honey (25 g)
Mix all the ingredients together and drink immediately.
The smoothie is a good alternative if it is your sweet drink that makes it difficult for you to stick to your diet. It is also good if your child refuses to eat vegetables for breakfast.
6. Eating collagen prevents cardiovascular disease
Another benefit of eating collagen every day is that it improves the elasticity of blood and lymph vessels. This means that it makes it easier for the body to cleanse and it also reduces the risk of suffering from low blood pressure.
Keep in mind that in addition to starting to eat foods containing collagen , it is also important that you eat the right fats and avoid fats that are harmful.
7. Eating collagen daily helps with vision
Collagen can also help to significantly improve the cornea . Therefore, we recommend that if you need to use glasses or if your ophthalmologist has detected signs of glaucoma , eat collagen every day to prevent and counteract the problems and improve eye health.
Also, remember to eat other foods that improve eyesight (like carrots), and to protect the eyes from UV rays and contaminants.
How can you eat collagen every day?
The best option for getting collagen daily is always through the diet. Remember to eat foods that are as natural as possible.
Some of these are as follows:
- Green vegetables (broccoli, cabbage, salad)
Another way to get collagen is to take it as a powder, capsule or pill. Even if it is not the best, it can still be helpful if you know that your diet is collagen-poor and has been so for an extended period.
It is also good to make an appointment with a dietician or doctor to learn more about collagen and what is a good dosage for you.